Death Record Orders
|Type of Death Record Request||Cost|
|First Death Certificate||$20.00|
|Each Additional Death Certificate order at the same time||$3.00|
- 1 How much does it cost to get a copy of a death certificate in Texas?
- 2 How do you get a copy of a death certificate in Texas?
- 3 What information is needed for a Texas death certificate?
- 4 What do you need to get a death certificate?
- 5 Can you get a Texas death certificate online?
- 6 Who can request a death certificate in Texas?
- 7 How can I get a death certificate online?
How much does it cost to get a copy of a death certificate in Texas?
Cost. The fee to search for a death certificate is $20.00, which includes one certified copy of the death certificate or a “Certificate of Failure to Find.” For each additional copy of the certificate ordered at the same time, the fee is $2.00. For expedited requests there is an additional fee of $5.00.
How do you get a copy of a death certificate in Texas?
The death certificate can be obtained from the county clerk’s office in the county where the deceased died OR requested online at the Texas Vital Statistics website http://www.dshs.state.tx.us/VS/ under Death Records.
What information is needed for a Texas death certificate?
Q: What information is included on the Death Certificate?
- Name of the deceased.
- Date and location of death.
- Age of the deceased.
- Gender, race, and marital status of the deceased.
- Hospital name or institution in which they died.
- Cause of death.
- Address of the deceased.
- Date and place of birth.
What do you need to get a death certificate?
What’s in a death certificate?
- Decedent’s full name and Social Security number.
- Date of birth.
- Time and place of death.
- Parental information.
- Spousal information.
- Last known address.
- Occupation and industry.
- Medical examiner’s signature.
Can you get a Texas death certificate online?
The fastest, easiest way to get a death certificate or verification is to order online at Texas.gov. As long as you meet the requirements, ordering online is easy.
Who can request a death certificate in Texas?
Who can request a certified copy of a death certificate? For deaths within the past 25 years, only the immediate family members of the person whose name is on the death certificate are eligible to request a copy.
How can I get a death certificate online?
To request a copy of a death record online:
- Visit www.vitalchek.com and complete the information in the request form.
- You MUST submit the online authentication or a notarized Certificate of Identity.
- Those who are not authorized may receive an Informational Certified Copy.