Estimated Car Shipping cost & transit time for popular California to Texas Auto Transport Trips
|Shipping To/From||Cost||Transit Time|
|Los Angeles, CA to Houston, TX||$849||3-5 days|
|Los Angeles, CA to Dallas, TX||$850||3-5 days|
|San Francisco, CA to Austin, TX||$999||4-6 days|
|Sacramento, CA to Fairview, TX||$899||4-6 days|
How do I transfer a car from California to Texas?
What to Bring:
- Completed 130-U Form for Each Vehicle.
- Valid Drivers License.
- Current Vehicle Registration.
- Vehicle Inspection Certificate.
- Printed Copy of Current Car Insurance with New TX Address.
- Print a copy of your insurance coverage as well, as there is a required minimum amount of coverage.
How much does it cost to transport a car to Texas?
Example Transportation Costs to Ship a Car in the U.S. On average, it costs between $1,200 – $1,500 to ship a car coast-to-coast. Shipping a car from North to South, say from Minnesota to Texas, will cost between $1,000 – $1,300. Add around $200 more if you’re shipping an electric car. *Quotes current as of April 2020.
What is the cheapest way to ship a car?
Yes, the cheapest way to ship a car is on open transport. An open carrier often costs hundreds of dollars less than an enclosed carrier.
Do I need to transfer my car title when I move to Texas?
You are not required to title your vehicle in Texas, but first-time registrants must fill out and complete Application for Texas Title and/or Registration (Form 130-U).
What is the best company to ship a car?
Top 5 Car Shipping Companies
- #1 Montway Auto Transport: Best Availability.
- #2 AmeriFreight: Best Discounts.
- #3 Sherpa Auto Transport: Best for Locked-In Prices.
- #4 Easy Auto Ship: Best for a Quick Pickup.
- #5 uShip: Best Auto Transport Marketplace.
How can I ship my car to another state?
6 Tips for Transporting Your Car to Another State
- Select the Right Auto Transport Company to Ship Your Vehicle.
- Calculating How Much Car Shipping Costs from One State to Another.
- Choose Your Type of Transportation: Enclosed Transport vs.
- Schedule Your Auto Shipment Early.
- Get Your Car Ready for Interstate Transport.