Identification Card (ID) Fees:
|Age 59 and younger: new||$16|
|Age 59 and younger: renewal||$16|
|Age 60 and older: new or renewal||$6|
|Replacement ID card||$11|
- 1 What documents do I need to get a Texas state ID?
- 2 How many forms of ID do you need to get a Texas ID?
- 3 Can I get a state ID online?
- 4 Can I get an ID for free?
- 5 How much is a real ID?
- 6 What do I need to get a state ID?
- 7 Can you get a Texas ID without a Social Security card?
- 8 How can I prove my identity without ID?
- 9 What can be used as two forms of ID?
- 10 How can I get a temporary ID?
- 11 How long does it take to get a state ID?
- 12 What is a reduced fee or free ID?
What documents do I need to get a Texas state ID?
To apply for an ID card, you will need to provide proof of the following:
- U.S. Citizenship or, if you are not a U.S. Citizen, evidence of lawful presence.
- Texas Residency.
- Identity and.
- Social Security Number.
How many forms of ID do you need to get a Texas ID?
Every original applicant must present: One piece of PRIMARY identification; or One piece of SECONDARY identification plus two pieces of SUPPORTING identification; or Two pieces of SECONDARY identification.
Can I get a state ID online?
You must apply for an original non-driver ID in a DMV office. This cannot be done online, by mail, or by phone.
Can I get an ID for free?
To get a free ID card, you will need to take a few documents to your Division of Motor Vehicles office. There’s a long list of documents you can use below, but most people will be fine with a certified birth certificate, a Social Security card and a utility bill or cell phone bill.
How much is a real ID?
How much does a REAL ID cost? The cost of a REAL ID varies by state. It may cost as little as $10 to as much as $80. The cost depends on the state as well if you are getting a new license, renewing an expiring license, or upgrading an existing license.
What do I need to get a state ID?
How to Get a State I.D. Card from the DMV
- Fill out an application form.
- Provide proof of U.S. citizenship.
- Provide proof of state residency.
- Provide your Social Security Number.
- Have your thumbprint taken.
- Have your picture taken.
- Pay a small fee.
Can you get a Texas ID without a Social Security card?
The 30-day requirement is WAIVED for applicants who surrender a valid, unexpired driver license from another state in the United States, but two documents establishing proof of residency are still required. Note: You do NOT need a Social Security card in order to apply for a Texas Driver’s License.
How can I prove my identity without ID?
You can use any document from the following list:
- State identification (ID) card.
- Driver license.
- US passport or passport card.
- US military card (front and back)
- Military dependent’s ID card (front and back)
- Permanent Resident Card.
- Certificate of Citizenship.
- Certificate of Naturalization.
What can be used as two forms of ID?
For badging purposes—Two forms of identification (such as a state driver’s license, state identification card, U.S. Passport, military ID card, birth certificate, or Social Security card).
How can I get a temporary ID?
Visit your local Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) office to obtain an application, or visit the website for the state DMV to print an application for a temporary photo identification card. Review the list of documents included in the application. You will need to fill these out to receive the card.
How long does it take to get a state ID?
How long does it take to get the new DL/ID in the mail? Individuals should allow up to 15 business days. The temporary secure paper document is valid for up to 90 days.
What is a reduced fee or free ID?
Reduced Fee CA ID Card If you meet income requirements from a government or public assistance program, you may be eligible to receive a CA ID for a reduced fee of $8.