The price for Texas State Vehicle Inspection are mandated by the state of Texas to be: $7.00 for Safety Only, $25.50 for an Emission and Safety vehicles 1996 and newer. $31.50 for Emissions and Safety vehicles older than 1996.
- 1 Do you pay for car inspection in Texas?
- 2 Are vehicle inspections free in Texas?
- 3 Is Texas doing away with vehicle inspections?
- 4 How much does it cost to renew vehicle registration in Texas?
- 5 How long does a Texas state inspection take?
- 6 How do you get your car inspected in Texas?
- 7 Do you need insurance to get your car inspected in Texas?
Do you pay for car inspection in Texas?
For a one-year safety inspection, you will need to pay $7.00 at the station and an additional $7.50 when you register ($14.50 total). For a two-year safety inspection, you will need to pay $7.00 at the station and $16.75 when you register ($23.75 total).
Are vehicle inspections free in Texas?
The cost to have a passenger car, truck, or SUV inspected in Texas is $25.50. However, drivers do not pay this fee at the testing station. Instead, they submit it to the state when renewing their registration.
Is Texas doing away with vehicle inspections?
The Texas Senate on Thursday gave its blessing to a bill that would eliminate the state’s vehicle safety inspection requirement for most vehicles.
How much does it cost to renew vehicle registration in Texas?
The fees for Texas registration renewal Cars and light trucks will cost $50.75 to renew. Larger trucks will cost $54 to renew.
How long does a Texas state inspection take?
The process can vary a little depending on everything that is required for your particular vehicle and if any issues are found; however, a typical car inspection service is usually completed in 30 minutes or less.
How do you get your car inspected in Texas?
The list includes, but is not limited to:
- Headlights, stop lights, indicator lights, and hazard lights.
- Braking system: foot and parking brakes.
- Wheel components including tire tread depth.
- All mirrors (side and rearview).
- Window tint and coating.
- Seatbelts and airbag system.
- Exhaust system.
Do you need insurance to get your car inspected in Texas?
You will need your insurance card, proof of vehicle inspection (the Vehicle Inspection Report from the inspection station), and proof you own the vehicle, such as the registration or title from your previous state. The state portion of your vehicle’s inspection fee will be due at this time.