Identification Card (ID) Fees:
|Identification (ID) card|
|Age 59 and younger: new||$16||Expires after six years (on your birthday)|
|Age 59 and younger: renewal||$16||Expires six years after previous expiration date|
|Age 60 and older: new or renewal||$6||Expires after six years (on your birthday)|
- 1 What documents do I need to get a Texas state ID?
- 2 Can I get a Texas ID without an appointment?
- 3 How much does it cost to replace a Texas ID card?
- 4 How long does it take to get a TX ID?
- 5 How many forms of ID do you need to get a Texas ID?
- 6 Can you get an ID online?
- 7 How do I get a new Texas ID?
- 8 How can I get a temporary ID?
- 9 How do I get a new ID when I turn 21?
- 10 How old do you have to be to get a Texas ID?
- 11 Can you get a Texas ID without a Social Security card?
What documents do I need to get a Texas state ID?
To apply for an ID card, you will need to provide proof of the following:
- U.S. Citizenship or, if you are not a U.S. Citizen, evidence of lawful presence.
- Texas Residency.
- Identity and.
- Social Security Number.
Can I get a Texas ID without an appointment?
Please note – REAL ID and Texas law only permits a person to hold a driver license or identification card, but not both (Texas Transportation Code Section 521.183). Customers in possession of either of these will not be offered the option to schedule an appointment for the other.
How much does it cost to replace a Texas ID card?
It will cost $11 to get a duplicate driver license/ID card.
How long does it take to get a TX ID?
How Long Does It Take To Receive My Texas ID Card? Your Texas ID card will be mailed to you in 4 – 6 weeks. While you wait on your ID card to be mailed you can use the temporary ID card that was provided to you at the DPS office.
How many forms of ID do you need to get a Texas ID?
Every original applicant must present: One piece of PRIMARY identification; or One piece of SECONDARY identification plus two pieces of SUPPORTING identification; or Two pieces of SECONDARY identification.
Can you get an ID online?
You must apply for an original non-driver ID in a DMV office. This cannot be done online, by mail, or by phone.
How do I get a new Texas ID?
Texas Driver’s License or Identity Card
- Apply in person at any driver license office.
- Bring completed application (form DL-43) (also available at any driver license office)
- Pay the required fee.
- Provide documents to verify identity (for example, unexpired passports, marriage licenses, birth certificates, etc.).
How can I get a temporary ID?
Visit your local Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) office to obtain an application, or visit the website for the state DMV to print an application for a temporary photo identification card. Review the list of documents included in the application. You will need to fill these out to receive the card.
How do I get a new ID when I turn 21?
Applicants turning 21 years of age must apply for their adult driver license, permit, or identification card on or after their 21st birthday to receive an adult credential. Your new driver license, permit or ID card will be mailed to the address you provide.
How old do you have to be to get a Texas ID?
Both adults 18 years of age or older and children under the age of 18 are required to have a Real ID.
Can you get a Texas ID without a Social Security card?
The 30-day requirement is WAIVED for applicants who surrender a valid, unexpired driver license from another state in the United States, but two documents establishing proof of residency are still required. Note: You do NOT need a Social Security card in order to apply for a Texas Driver’s License.