Identification Card (ID) Fees:
|Age 59 and younger: renewal||$16||Expires six years after previous expiration date|
|Age 60 and older: new or renewal||$6||Expires after six years (on your birthday)|
|Replacement ID card||$11||Current expiration date does not change|
|Replace a lost, stolen, or damaged ID card|
- 1 What do I need to renew my Texas ID?
- 2 Can I renew my state ID online?
- 3 How often do you renew your Texas ID?
- 4 How do I get a new Texas ID?
- 5 How do I order a new ID?
- 6 How do I get a replacement ID?
- 7 How much is a real ID?
- 8 How do I get a new ID when I turn 21?
- 9 How long does it take to get a Texas ID?
- 10 Can you fly with an expired ID?
- 11 Can I get a copy of my ID online?
What do I need to renew my Texas ID?
Your current driver license or identification card (the one you are renewing) A printer or email address to print or email your temporary driver license and payment receipt, if you renew online. No temporary driver license or receipt will be issued when renewing by phone.
Can I renew my state ID online?
You may renew your state ID card online through Online Services if you are a U.S. citizen, have a valid Social Security card. and did not renew it though alternative methods, such as by mail, online, or at a self-service station the last two renewals.
How often do you renew your Texas ID?
ID cards must be renewed every 6 years. Driver licenses must be renewed every 8 years for anyone between the ages 18 and 84.
How do I get a new Texas ID?
Texas Driver’s License or Identity Card
- Apply in person at any driver license office.
- Bring completed application (form DL-43) (also available at any driver license office)
- Pay the required fee.
- Provide documents to verify identity (for example, unexpired passports, marriage licenses, birth certificates, etc.).
How do I order a new ID?
How to Request a Replacement DL/ID in an office
- Complete a new DL/ID application. Use our online DL/ID application to apply for a replacement driver’s license, ID card, or commercial driver’s license.
- Gather the required proof documents to show DMV.
- Visit a DMV office to complete the process.
How do I get a replacement ID?
To apply for a replacement driver license, commercial driver license, or ID card at your local driver license office, you must: Complete the application before arriving. (This form is also available at all driver license offices.) Make an appointment at your local driver license office.
How much is a real ID?
How much does a REAL ID cost? The cost of a REAL ID varies by state. It may cost as little as $10 to as much as $80. The cost depends on the state as well if you are getting a new license, renewing an expiring license, or upgrading an existing license.
How do I get a new ID when I turn 21?
Applicants turning 21 years of age must apply for their adult driver license, permit, or identification card on or after their 21st birthday to receive an adult credential. Your new driver license, permit or ID card will be mailed to the address you provide.
How long does it take to get a Texas ID?
Your new card will arrive in the mail in approximately 4 – 6 weeks.
Can you fly with an expired ID?
“If your driver’s license or your passport, or whatever form of ID you’re planning to use at the checkpoint, is expired, TSA will accept that document for up to one year past the expiration date,” says Dankers.
Can I get a copy of my ID online?
You may order a duplicate online through a MyDMV account. If you do not have the information needed to set up a MyDMV account, please order in person. Some restrictions apply: The card must not expire within the next 60 days.