For Graduate School, in-state tuition and fees are $8,859 and out-of-state tuition and fees are $17,040 for the academic year 2020-2021. The graduate 2021-2022 estimated tuition fees at TXST is $9,058 for Texas residents and $16,976 for out-of-state students.
- 1 How much does tuition cost at Texas State?
- 2 How much does a 4 year degree cost in Texas?
- 3 Is Texas State University a good school?
- 4 What is the cheapest university in Texas?
- 5 Is Texas State cheaper than UT?
- 6 What is the minimum GPA for Texas State?
- 7 What is the most expensive university in Texas?
- 8 Is Texas State a Tier 1 school?
- 9 Is Texas State University a HBCU?
- 10 What are the cons of Texas State University?
How much does tuition cost at Texas State?
Texas State University tuition is $8,052 per year for in-state residents. This is 9% more expensive than the national average public four year tuition of $7,357. Tuition ranks 36th in Texas amongst 4 year colleges for affordability and is the 57th most expensive 4 year college in the state.
How much does a 4 year degree cost in Texas?
For academic year 2020-2021, the average tuition & fees for Public (4 year) Colleges in Texas is $8,817 for in-state and $20,546 for out-of-state. The amount is higher than national average. The 2021 national average is $6,852 for in-state students and $17,943 for out-of-state students.
Is Texas State University a good school?
Texas State University is ranked #500 out of 1,472 for value nationwide. Compared to other schools of similar quality, Texas State University is priced well for the kind of quality provided and is thus a good value according to College Factual’s Best for the Money Ranking.
What is the cheapest university in Texas?
List of cheapest Universities in Texas
- Texas Southern University, Houston.
- South Texas College, McAllen.
- Lamar University, Beaumont.
- Brazosport College, Lake Jackson.
- Midland College, Midland.
- Tarleton State University, Stephenville.
- Angelo State University, San Angelo.
- Texas A & M International University, Laredo.
Is Texas State cheaper than UT?
WARNINGS: Based on net price alone, Texas State University (TXST) is the cheaper option. Texas State is in a East South Central and UT Austin is in a East South Central – sometimes off campus meals and housing costs can dramatically vary between schools.
What is the minimum GPA for Texas State?
Main Academic Excellence that is in line with Texas State admission standards. Score at least a 1025 on the SAT or 65 on the ACT. Maintain a GPA of at least a 3.35.
What is the most expensive university in Texas?
Southern Methodist University is the most expensive school with tuition & fees of $58,540 and Texas Christian University ($51,660) and Rice University ($51,107) are following it in the list of Texas Colleges with the Highest Tuition & Fees.
Is Texas State a Tier 1 school?
UTA is also one of 131 institutions designated as R-1: Doctoral Universities —Very High Research Activity, the highest designation by the Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education.
Is Texas State University a HBCU?
Answer: Texas State University is not one of the HBCUs in the United States. Philip’s College (San Antonio), Texas College (Tyler), Texas Southern University (Houston), and Wiley College (Marshall). Louisiana and Arkansas also have a number of HBCUs.
What are the cons of Texas State University?
- Total cost (including all school and living expenses) is $2,148 higher than the national average for in-state students.
- Student-faculty ratio is 20:1, which is higher than the national average.