Identification Card (ID) Fees:
|Identification (ID) card|
|Age 59 and younger: new||$16||Expires after six years (on your birthday)|
|Age 59 and younger: renewal||$16||Expires six years after previous expiration date|
|Age 60 and older: new or renewal||$6||Expires after six years (on your birthday)|
- 1 What documents do I need to get a Texas state ID?
- 2 How much does it cost to replace a Texas ID card?
- 3 How many forms of ID do you need to get a Texas ID?
- 4 Can you get an ID online?
- 5 How do I order a new ID?
- 6 How do I get a new ID when I turn 21?
- 7 How can I get a free ID?
- 8 How much is it to get a real ID?
- 9 What do I need to get a state ID?
- 10 How do you prove residency in Texas?
- 11 What can be used as two forms of ID?
What documents do I need to get a Texas state ID?
To apply for an ID card, you will need to provide proof of the following:
- U.S. Citizenship or, if you are not a U.S. Citizen, evidence of lawful presence.
- Texas Residency.
- Identity and.
- Social Security Number.
How much does it cost to replace a Texas ID card?
It will cost $11 to get a duplicate driver license/ID card.
How many forms of ID do you need to get a Texas ID?
Every original applicant must present: One piece of PRIMARY identification; or One piece of SECONDARY identification plus two pieces of SUPPORTING identification; or Two pieces of SECONDARY identification.
Can you get an ID online?
You must apply for an original non-driver ID in a DMV office. This cannot be done online, by mail, or by phone.
How do I order a new ID?
How to Request a Replacement DL/ID in an office
- Complete a new DL/ID application. Use our online DL/ID application to apply for a replacement driver’s license, ID card, or commercial driver’s license.
- Gather the required proof documents to show DMV.
- Visit a DMV office to complete the process.
How do I get a new ID when I turn 21?
Applicants turning 21 years of age must apply for their adult driver license, permit, or identification card on or after their 21st birthday to receive an adult credential. Your new driver license, permit or ID card will be mailed to the address you provide.
How can I get a free ID?
To get a free ID card, you will need to take a few documents to your Division of Motor Vehicles office. There’s a long list of documents you can use below, but most people will be fine with a certified birth certificate, a Social Security card and a utility bill or cell phone bill.
How much is it to get a real ID?
A REAL ID card will cost the same as a driver’s license ($30) or a state ID ($20).
What do I need to get a state ID?
How to Get a State I.D. Card from the DMV
- Fill out an application form.
- Provide proof of U.S. citizenship.
- Provide proof of state residency.
- Provide your Social Security Number.
- Have your thumbprint taken.
- Have your picture taken.
- Pay a small fee.
How do you prove residency in Texas?
Documents That Prove Residency
- Current deed, mortgage, monthly mortgage statement, mortgage payment booklet or a residential rental/lease agreement.
- Valid, unexpired Texas voter registration card.
- Texas motor vehicle registration or title.
- Texas boat registration or title.
- Texas concealed handgun license.
What can be used as two forms of ID?
For badging purposes—Two forms of identification (such as a state driver’s license, state identification card, U.S. Passport, military ID card, birth certificate, or Social Security card).