The price for Texas State Vehicle Inspection are mandated by the state of Texas to be: $7.00 for Safety Only, $25.50 for an Emission and Safety vehicles 1996 and newer. $31.50 for Emissions and Safety vehicles older than 1996.
- 1 How do I get a Texas state inspection certificate?
- 2 How much does it cost to renew vehicle registration in Texas?
- 3 How much will it cost to register my vehicle in Texas?
- 4 How much does it cost to register a car in Texas from out of state?
- 5 Is Texas doing away with vehicle inspections?
- 6 How do you get your car inspected in Texas?
How do I get a Texas state inspection certificate?
Inspector Qualifications and Training
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Must hold a valid driver license to operate a motor vehicle in Texas.
- Must not be currently suspended or revoked in the Texas vehicle inspection program.
- Pass a background check (See 37 TAC §23.5 for more details)
- Submit an online application.
How much does it cost to renew vehicle registration in Texas?
The fees for Texas registration renewal Cars and light trucks will cost $50.75 to renew. Larger trucks will cost $54 to renew.
How much will it cost to register my vehicle in Texas?
The base registration fee in Texas is $50.75 plus $1 for TexasSure, the electronic insurance verification program and other Department of Public Safety initiatives. So, total state registration is $51.75 but counties may add other fees to this cost.
How much does it cost to register a car in Texas from out of state?
Registration fee ( base fee of $50.75 for passenger vehicles and light trucks), Title application fee of $28 or $33, depending on the county, State portion of the vehicle inspection fee (up to $30.75) Local county fees (up to $31.50)
Is Texas doing away with vehicle inspections?
The Texas Senate on Thursday gave its blessing to a bill that would eliminate the state’s vehicle safety inspection requirement for most vehicles.
How do you get your car inspected in Texas?
The list includes, but is not limited to:
- Headlights, stop lights, indicator lights, and hazard lights.
- Braking system: foot and parking brakes.
- Wheel components including tire tread depth.
- All mirrors (side and rearview).
- Window tint and coating.
- Seatbelts and airbag system.
- Exhaust system.