The average swimming pool takes 18,000-20,000 gallons of water to fill. This will cost you an average of $80.00-$100.00 on your water bill (Austin). Pools do not need to be refilled very often.
- 1 Is it cheaper to fill your own pool?
- 2 How much does it cost to fill a swimming pool with water UK?
- 3 How long does it take to fill a pool with a garden hose?
- 4 What is the fastest way to fill a big pool?
- 5 How much does a 12×24 inground pool cost?
- 6 Will 2 hoses fill a pool faster than 1?
- 7 How long does it take to fill 1 gallon of water?
- 8 How much does it cost for 1000 gallons of water?
- 9 How much does it cost to fill Intex pool?
Is it cheaper to fill your own pool?
Pool filling costs less than you think with all factors considered. The average homeowner uses about 12,000 gallons of water per month. Using that simple math, it stands to reason that your water bill will at least double when you fill your pool for the first time from a hose.
How much does it cost to fill a swimming pool with water UK?
We spoke to experts at Money.co.uk who say it could cost an average of around 30p to fill up a small pool that holds 219 litres of water. For medium pools with the capacity to hold 455 litres of water, the average cost is around 63p, going up to £1.80 for large pools that hold 1,302 litres of water.
How long does it take to fill a pool with a garden hose?
With a standard size 1/2 inch garden hose, it takes about 9 hours to fill a 5000-gallon pool. To figure the time needed yourself, multiple the number of gallons your pool holds by. 0018. The volume of water a standard hose can deliver per minute is approximately 9 gallons or 540 gallons in an hour.
What is the fastest way to fill a big pool?
Here are four different sources you can use:
- #1. Garden hose using city water. The most straightforward way to fill inground swimming pools with water is to connect a garden hose to your outdoor spigot.
- #2. Water delivery service.
- #3. Well.
- #4. Fire hydrant using city water.
How much does a 12×24 inground pool cost?
12×24 Inground Pool Cost A 12-foot by 24-foot pool is considered medium-sized, and is suitable for swimming laps. The cost for this size, on average, will be between $26,000 and $38,000, depending on the type of material used.
Will 2 hoses fill a pool faster than 1?
If you fill the pool with 2 hoses, it will fill up faster.
How long does it take to fill 1 gallon of water?
The formula to find GPM is 60 divided by the seconds it takes to fill a one gallon container (60 / seconds = GPM). Example: The one gallon container fills in 5 seconds. 60 / 5 = 12 GPM. (60 divided by 5 equals 12 gallons per minute.)
How much does it cost for 1000 gallons of water?
The average price of water in the United States is about $1.50 for 1,000 gallons. At that price, a gallon of water costs less than one penny.
How much does it cost to fill Intex pool?
How high can I fill the pool? Answer: Up to the fill line which is approximately 80% full.