Identification Card (ID) Fees:
|Identification (ID) card|
|Age 59 and younger: new||$16||Expires after six years (on your birthday)|
|Age 59 and younger: renewal||$16||Expires six years after previous expiration date|
|Age 60 and older: new or renewal||$6||Expires after six years (on your birthday)|
- 1 How long does it take to get a photo ID in Texas?
- 2 What documents do I need for a real ID in Texas?
- 3 How much does it cost to replace a Texas ID card?
- 4 Can I get my state ID online?
- 5 How many forms of ID do you need to get a Texas ID?
- 6 What does a REAL ID in Texas look like?
- 7 Is REAL ID mandatory in Texas?
- 8 Can I fly without a REAL ID?
- 9 How do I order a new ID?
- 10 How do I get a new ID when I turn 21?
- 11 What are the 6 Point ID requirements?
- 12 What do I need to get a state ID?
- 13 Where can I get a photo ID besides the DMV?
How long does it take to get a photo ID in Texas?
Your new card will arrive in the mail in approximately 4 – 6 weeks. To check the mailing status of your card, visit our mailing status web page.
What documents do I need for a real ID in Texas?
Proof of Citizenship and Proof of Identity Required
- Photo Texas driver license or Texas identification card, unexpired or expired within the last two years.
- Valid, unexpired U.S. passport book or U.S. passport card.
How much does it cost to replace a Texas ID card?
It will cost $11 to get a duplicate driver license/ID card.
Can I get my state ID online?
You must apply for an original non-driver ID in a DMV office. This cannot be done online, by mail, or by phone.
How many forms of ID do you need to get a Texas ID?
Every original applicant must present: One piece of PRIMARY identification; or One piece of SECONDARY identification plus two pieces of SUPPORTING identification; or Two pieces of SECONDARY identification.
What does a REAL ID in Texas look like?
The Texas REAL ID compliant-card is marked with a circle with an inset star located in the upper right corner of the card.
Is REAL ID mandatory in Texas?
Starting May 3, 2023, you’ll need a REAL ID-compliant driver license with a gold star, a valid passport, or U.S. military ID to travel by air in the U.S. Learn more about REAL ID requirements and how to get one.
Can I fly without a REAL ID?
Starting May 3, 2023, every traveler will need to present a REAL ID-compliant license or an acceptable form of identification to fly within the U.S. Passengers who do not present an acceptable form of identification will not be permitted through the security checkpoint.
How do I order a new ID?
How to Request a Replacement DL/ID in an office
- Complete a new DL/ID application. Use our online DL/ID application to apply for a replacement driver’s license, ID card, or commercial driver’s license.
- Gather the required proof documents to show DMV.
- Visit a DMV office to complete the process.
How do I get a new ID when I turn 21?
Applicants turning 21 years of age must apply for their adult driver license, permit, or identification card on or after their 21st birthday to receive an adult credential. Your new driver license, permit or ID card will be mailed to the address you provide.
What are the 6 Point ID requirements?
6 Points of ID
- At least one Primary Document.
- At least one Secondary Document.
- A verifiable Social Security Number (SSN), or Individual Tax Identification Number (ITIN), or a letter of ineligibility for an SSN from the Social Security Administration (SSA)
- Proof of address.
What do I need to get a state ID?
How to Get a State I.D. Card from the DMV
- Fill out an application form.
- Provide proof of U.S. citizenship.
- Provide proof of state residency.
- Provide your Social Security Number.
- Have your thumbprint taken.
- Have your picture taken.
- Pay a small fee.
Where can I get a photo ID besides the DMV?
If you are getting into school or in office you can get your photo id within one day.
- DMV express service: Some states offers express service which can save your time.
- Online renewal:
- Mail renewal:
- Getting a passport:
- Form of photo ID:
- Related Article: