Identification Card (ID) Fees:
|Identification (ID) card|
|Age 59 and younger: new||$16||Expires after six years (on your birthday)|
|Age 59 and younger: renewal||$16||Expires six years after previous expiration date|
|Age 60 and older: new or renewal||$6||Expires after six years (on your birthday)|
What documents do I need for a real ID in Texas?
Proof of Citizenship and Proof of Identity Required
- Photo Texas driver license or Texas identification card, unexpired or expired within the last two years.
- Valid, unexpired U.S. passport book or U.S. passport card.
How long does it take to get my ID in Texas?
Your new card will arrive in the mail in approximately 4 – 6 weeks. To check the mailing status of your card, visit our mailing status web page.
How much does it cost to replace a Texas ID card?
It will cost $11 to get a duplicate driver license/ID card.
How many forms of ID do you need to get a Texas ID?
Every original applicant must present: One piece of PRIMARY identification; or One piece of SECONDARY identification plus two pieces of SUPPORTING identification; or Two pieces of SECONDARY identification.
Can I get REAL ID online?
Pre-Verify Online If PennDOT confirms that your documents are on file, you can order your REAL ID online — no need to visit a driver’s license center!
How can I get a temporary ID?
Visit your local Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) office to obtain an application, or visit the website for the state DMV to print an application for a temporary photo identification card. Review the list of documents included in the application. You will need to fill these out to receive the card.
How do you prove residency in Texas?
Documents That Prove Residency
- Current deed, mortgage, monthly mortgage statement, mortgage payment booklet or a residential rental/lease agreement.
- Valid, unexpired Texas voter registration card.
- Texas motor vehicle registration or title.
- Texas boat registration or title.
- Texas concealed handgun license.