Identification Card (ID) Fees:
|Identification (ID) card|
|Age 59 and younger: new||$16||Expires after six years (on your birthday)|
|Age 59 and younger: renewal||$16||Expires six years after previous expiration date|
|Age 60 and older: new or renewal||$6||Expires after six years (on your birthday)|
- 1 What documents do I need to get a Texas state ID?
- 2 Can I get a Texas ID without an appointment?
- 3 How many forms of ID do you need to get a Texas ID?
- 4 Can you get an ID online?
- 5 How do I get a new Texas ID?
- 6 How can I get a temporary ID?
- 7 What do I need to get a state ID?
- 8 How do you prove residency in Texas?
- 9 What can be used as two forms of ID?
- 10 Where can I get a photo ID besides the DMV?
What documents do I need to get a Texas state ID?
To apply for an ID card, you will need to provide proof of the following:
- U.S. Citizenship or, if you are not a U.S. Citizen, evidence of lawful presence.
- Texas Residency.
- Identity and.
- Social Security Number.
Can I get a Texas ID without an appointment?
Please note – REAL ID and Texas law only permits a person to hold a driver license or identification card, but not both (Texas Transportation Code Section 521.183). Customers in possession of either of these will not be offered the option to schedule an appointment for the other.
How many forms of ID do you need to get a Texas ID?
Every original applicant must present: One piece of PRIMARY identification; or One piece of SECONDARY identification plus two pieces of SUPPORTING identification; or Two pieces of SECONDARY identification.
Can you get an ID online?
You must apply for an original non-driver ID in a DMV office. This cannot be done online, by mail, or by phone.
How do I get a new Texas ID?
Texas Driver’s License or Identity Card
- Apply in person at any driver license office.
- Bring completed application (form DL-43) (also available at any driver license office)
- Pay the required fee.
- Provide documents to verify identity (for example, unexpired passports, marriage licenses, birth certificates, etc.).
How can I get a temporary ID?
Visit your local Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) office to obtain an application, or visit the website for the state DMV to print an application for a temporary photo identification card. Review the list of documents included in the application. You will need to fill these out to receive the card.
What do I need to get a state ID?
How to Get a State I.D. Card from the DMV
- Fill out an application form.
- Provide proof of U.S. citizenship.
- Provide proof of state residency.
- Provide your Social Security Number.
- Have your thumbprint taken.
- Have your picture taken.
- Pay a small fee.
How do you prove residency in Texas?
Documents That Prove Residency
- Current deed, mortgage, monthly mortgage statement, mortgage payment booklet or a residential rental/lease agreement.
- Valid, unexpired Texas voter registration card.
- Texas motor vehicle registration or title.
- Texas boat registration or title.
- Texas concealed handgun license.
What can be used as two forms of ID?
For badging purposes—Two forms of identification (such as a state driver’s license, state identification card, U.S. Passport, military ID card, birth certificate, or Social Security card).
Where can I get a photo ID besides the DMV?
If you are getting into school or in office you can get your photo id within one day.
- DMV express service: Some states offers express service which can save your time.
- Online renewal:
- Mail renewal:
- Getting a passport:
- Form of photo ID:
- Related Article: