Identification Card (ID) Fees:
|Age 59 and younger: new||$16|
|Age 59 and younger: renewal||$16|
|Age 60 and older: new or renewal||$6|
|Replacement ID card||$11|
- 1 How do I get another Texas ID if I lost mine?
- 2 What do I need to get another ID in Texas?
- 3 How do I order a new ID?
- 4 Can I order my ID Online Texas?
- 5 Can you get an ID online?
- 6 How long does it take to get a Texas ID?
- 7 How can I replace my state ID?
- 8 Can I replace a lost Texas driver’s license online?
- 9 How much does it cost to get your license in Texas?
- 10 Can a 16 year old get an ID in Texas?
How do I get another Texas ID if I lost mine?
You can visit any driver license office in the state of Texas to obtain a replacement driver license or identification card. You may also be eligible to obtain a replacement online.
What do I need to get another ID in Texas?
Texas Driver’s License or Identity Card
- Apply in person at any driver license office.
- Bring completed application (form DL-43) (also available at any driver license office)
- Pay the required fee.
- Provide documents to verify identity (for example, unexpired passports, marriage licenses, birth certificates, etc.).
How do I order a new ID?
How to Request a Replacement DL/ID in an office
- Complete a new DL/ID application. Use our online DL/ID application to apply for a replacement driver’s license, ID card, or commercial driver’s license.
- Gather the required proof documents to show DMV.
- Visit a DMV office to complete the process.
Can I order my ID Online Texas?
You can replace your lost or stolen Texas ID or driver’s license by visiting the Texas Department of Public Safety website and requesting a new ID online. The cost to replace your Texas ID or driver’s license is $11.
Can you get an ID online?
You must apply for an original non-driver ID in a DMV office. This cannot be done online, by mail, or by phone.
How long does it take to get a Texas ID?
Your new card will arrive in the mail in approximately 4 – 6 weeks.
How can I replace my state ID?
If your state ID card is lost or stolen, you may visit any Secretary of State office to apply for a replacement. You will need to present identification to substantiate your identity. A new photograph will be taken. A lost or stolen enhanced ID card is immediately canceled and can’t be used to cross the border.
Can I replace a lost Texas driver’s license online?
If you need to obtain a replacement without changing any information on the front of the card, you may use the Online Card Replacement feature, provided you have the following information: Your driver license or identification card number, Your date of birth, The last four digits of your social security number, and.
How much does it cost to get your license in Texas?
The fee for a standard driver’s license in Texas is $25 (which includes a $1 administrative fee). You will pay this fee upfront, before taking your driving test.
Can a 16 year old get an ID in Texas?
Both adults 18 years of age or older and children under the age of 18 are required to have a Real ID.